In this guide, I will show you how to apply on the housingiskey.com application portal. The Canada COVID-19 Rent Relief Program provides financial assistance for unpaid rent to eligible renters and landlords affected by COVID-19. and to take advantage of this, both the tenant and the landlord can apply for assistance.
You may be qualified for a local program based on the applicant’s rental property address. You have until March 31 to apply to see which program is suitable for you. Please check its eligibility before the housing is key application.
Housingiskey.com Application Overview
|Application program||Rent Relief Applications|
|Who can apply||Landlords and Renters|
|Official website||https://housing.ca.gov/ or housingiskey.com|
|Deadline||March 31, 2022|
Housingiskey.com Application Eligibility
Housing is key eligibility: for additional information including eligibility and application assistance, call the CA COVID-19 Rent Relief Call Center at 833-430-2122.
If the applicant needs help in another language to see if they are eligible, to receive assistance, to help fill out an application, or upload the required paperwork, People can take an appointment with an organization near them by calling (833-687-0967).
Requirements for Renters:
If you have been affected by COVID-19 then you are eligible for income (the state will calculate this when you apply) and you have unpaid rent or utilities, or need help with future rent or utilities If yes, then you can apply for CA COVID-19 Rent Relief Program.
You must need one of the following:
- your 2020 tax return
- 2020 W2 and 1099G if you were unemployed
- current pay stubs
- Proof of participation in state or federal subsidy programs such as CalFresh or CalWORKS (your 2020 or 2021 acceptance or renewal letter is preferred).
And — if you are applying for assistance with utility bills:
- Utility invoice or statement for any unpaid utility, trash and internet bills after April 1, 2020.
Requirements for Landlords
If you have tenants who are behind on their rent and need financial assistance to support this income loss, you can apply for the CA COVID-19 Rent Relief Program, as long as:
- Your tenant’s family is eligible for income (the state will calculate this when they apply).
- All payments you receive must be used to meet the tenant’s unpaid rent. The eligible deadline for financial aid is April 1, 2020.
- Your tenants must take steps to verify that they meet the eligibility requirements and sign the application. Once your application is submitted they will be notified and asked to submit their required information.
Note: Income-eligible applicants can qualify regardless of immigration status and will not be required to show proof of citizenship.
You need to do all of the following:
- Lease or rental agreement containing the name of the tenant, residence address and monthly rent payable
- Rent ledger or rent statement showing the unpaid rent balance as on 1st April 2020
- W-8 or W-9 (for tax purposes)
Note: If you have 10 or more tenants and you wish to upload information for all of them at once when applying.
How to Apply on Housingiskey.com Application Portal?
Getting approval for the relief rental program, it is totally depending on the address of your rental property. you may be eligible for a local program if you meet to eligibility criteria.
Click Apply Now button to determine which program is right for you. Remember, the application has to be submitted by March 31, 2022. Now it is close to accepting applications.
- First of all, applicants need to visit the official website of https://housing.ca.gov/.
- Then click on the CA COVID-19 Rent Relief banner >>Apply Now button.
- You will Redirect to the Map Page, Select your Current Location.
- Please enter your address to apply for Rental Assistance from the above search box. If more than one result is listed, you need to make sure to select the correct city.
- If you don’t know the address, find the location on the map and select the correct address by clicking on the map.
- Then, at the address, Map will display a PIN, and the results will indicate whether you should apply with the state of California or your local jurisdiction.
- Once you complete the process, please review the application and submit it.
How to Check Housingiskey.com application status
If you have already applied for the CA COVID-19 Rent Relief Program, then you should check your application status to get the information you approved. you can check your application status to call the CA COVID-19 Rent Relief Call Center at 833-430-2122. otherwise, check the Housingiskey.com application status online.
To check the “Housingiskey.com application status” you need to follow the given steps:
- Visit the Official portal of the CA COVID-19 Rent Relief Program. you can follow the link “https://housing.ca.gov/covid_rr/” Page.
- Then click on the “Application Status” option.
- Login to your account. and Click on the “Check Status” option by clicking on the Application number.
How to Do housing is key application login?
you need to Go to the official website https://housing.ca.gov/covid_rr/. then click on the Dashboard, it will open on 31st March 2022. you can’t check the application status righnow.
I hope you like this article, how can you apply for housing is key application or “housing.ca.gov application”. you can share this post with your friends and family.