This article will guide you on How to apply for Medicare, When to Apply, Eligibility Turn 65, medicare eligibility criteria, and so on. please read the entire article.
Medicare is a federal health insurance program for older U.S. residents and people with certain disabilities. The minimum age for Medicare is up to 65 years. People under the age of 65 may also be eligible under certain circumstances.
It is important to know that while qualifying for Medicare is not automatic, some people get coverage automatically. Whereas other people have to apply for it. For how to apply for the medical, you need to check its eligibility.
When to Apply for Medicare
You have seven months, called the Early Enrollment Period (IEP), to apply for Medicare:
- three months before the month you turn 65
- The month you will turn 65.
- three months after you turn 65
What Documents Do I Need To Apply For Medicare?
You need to provide the following types of documents to apply for Medicare. Which shows that you deserve it. Medicare and Social Security may already have some of this information available.
- your social security card
- your original birth certificate
- If you are in the US If not born in the U.S. Proof of citizenship or legal citizenship status documentation
- a copy of your W-2 form
Medicare eligibility criteria
- If you are 65 or older you may be eligible for Medicare.
- You are a US resident or permanent legal resident who has lived in the United States for at least five years and
- You are receiving Social Security benefits or Railroad retirement benefits or have worked long enough to be qualified for those benefits but are not yet collecting them.
- You or your spouse is a government employee or retiree, who has not paid into Social Security but has paid Medicare payroll taxes while working.
You can check medicare eligibility by date of birth using the Calculator link.
Ways To Apply For Medicare
If you turn 65 soon, it’s time to start thinking about applying for Medicare. You have seven months to enroll you. There are three ways to apply here.
- On its official website – Visit SocialSecurity.gov
- Social Security can be called at 1-800-772-1213 (TTY users 1-800-325-0778), Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Will have to go to your local Social Security office.
People have to keep in mind that while applying you are required to have documents like your social security card and your birth certificate.
How long before you turn 65 do you apply for Medicare?
You can apply for Medicare 3 months before you turn 65.
How do I sign up for Medicare when I turn 65?
To sign up for Medicare when you turn 65, you need to follow these steps.
Step 1: First of all, Visit the Official website of Social Security.gov – https://www.ssa.gov
Step 2: Then click on the Sign IN/Up Button.
Step 3: You will see the three options such as: choose according to your need to complete the Next process.
- my Social Security
- Business Services Online
- Government Services Online
Step 4: To do this you can easily sign up for Medicare when you turn 65.
How to apply for Medicare?
Step 1: First of all, Visit the official website through this link “https://www.ssa.gov or” or “www.socialsecurity.gov”.
Step 2: Then Choose some options that are available to Apply for Benefits.
- Apply for Online Service
- Apply for Retirement Benefits
- Apply for Disability Benefits
- Apply for Medicare Benefits
- Appeal an SSI
Step 3: Click on Apply for Retirement Benefits, start your application, and enter all your personal detail such as Name, Social Security number, date of birth, and gender.
Step 4: You must provide questions about your health benefits.
- Other health insurance coverage;
- Group health plan information;
- Employment Information; And
- Dates of coverage information
Step 5: After that, you must “Finishing Your Application” and submit your button.
Share this post with your friends and family to apply for Medicare, When to Apply, Eligibility Turn 65.