If you are wondering about the ramp application status, how to apply, eligibility requirements, and much more, please read the article below.
What is Ramp application program?
The RAMP-ERA program was established by the Consolidated Appropriation Act, of 2021 (Publication L. No. 116-260). Funding provided by the RAMP-ERA program helps eligible families who have found it difficult to pay rent and utilities on time due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Mississippi Home Corporation (“MHC”) is administering the Program for the State of Mississippi, which received $186,696,633.80 (“Program”).
Program funds are to be used to help a tenant family whose household income is 80% or less of the area average. and in which at least one or more persons living in the household: qualify for unemployment or have experienced a reduction in household income, incurred significant costs, or experienced financial hardship due to COVID-19; and be able to demonstrate the risk of experiencing homelessness or housing instability.
Let us inform you that eligible families, including one person who must have been unemployed for ninety (90) days before applying for assistance, and families whose income is fifty per cent or less of the area median, are given priority for assistance. are given.
Eligible households or renters may receive up to twelve (12) months of assistance, plus an additional three months if the MHC determines that additional months are necessary (subject to fund availability) to ensure housing stability.
How to Apply for Ramp Application?
To apply for Ramp application, you must go to its official website and select the ‘I am Landlord’ and ‘Tenant’ options from the ‘Apply for Assistance’ section.
After that, you have to create an account by providing your name, email and password and submit by filling in the following documents in the application.
What are the Requirements of Ramp Application?
The applicant needs the following requirements. If he fills out the ramp application form online or offline. Also, keep the below-mentioned documents with you.
- Address of the rental unit
- Name, address, SSN, and tax ID numbers for the landlord and utility provider (if requesting utility assistance)
- Outstanding Rent Amount Per Month
- Utility and household energy costs are due and the amount sought here
- Amount of rent outstanding (if any)
- Number of months of requested rental payment and/or utility or household energy costs
- Household Income and Number of Persons in the Family
- Applicant’s gender, race and ethnicity
What is the Eligibility?
- Program Funds of Ramp Application will be eligible for use by people of a tenant family who were suffering from Covid-19.
- Those whose household income is 80% or less of the area’s average
- Only those people who have at least one or more persons living in their household: qualify for unemployment or experience a reduction in their household income has incurred significant costs.
- Only individuals who have suffered financial difficulty as a result of COVID-19 will be considered. and are at risk of experiencing homelessness or housing instability.
Required Documents for Tenant and Landlord
- Full program application
- Valid, current identity
- A properly executed, current lease or other proof of residence and rent amount is required.
- documents supporting household income
- Evidence may demonstrate that one or more individuals within the household are at risk of becoming homeless or experiencing housing instability
- Evidence that one or more individuals within the household have qualified for unemployment benefits or experienced a reduction in household income, significant costs, or other financial hardship due to COVID-19
- Landlord Participation Form (with landlord’s W9 form and ACH credit authorization if the landlord has agreed to participate and has not completed the online application)
- A copy of the tenant’s bill indicating the service provider’s name, account number and customer’s name and address, upon request for utility assistance.
- IRS W-9 Form
- ACH Direct Deposit Authorization
How to check RAMP application status?
- If you want to check whether your ramp application status is pending approval or not: it is very easy.
- you need to go to the official website of Ramp https://ms-ramp.com/.
- Then log in to your account and check your application status.
ramp application status meaning pending approval
Pending landlord approval, this signifies that an ERAP caseworker has concluded that the request can be approved based on the facts in the application, but that the landlord must provide more information before it can be processed for payment.
ramp application deadline 2023
There is no deadline for ramp application but you can check the full information from its official www.ms-ramp.com. Here the application is accepted only for landlords, not for tenants. However, a time frame will depend on the update of the program guidelines and the availability of funds.