It is the East Point Housing Authority’s mission to encourage and provide the development of quality affordable housing for individuals and families while promoting self-reliance and neighbourhood revitalization.
East Point Housing Authority (EPHA) will open its public housing waiting list on Tuesday, May 24, 2022, at 9:00 AM. but closed now.
Every eligible people can apply for housing from the eastpointha.org application, in this post we will provide your guide on how to apply for housing from www.eastpointha.org and how can qualify. please read the article below.
What is Public Housing?
Public housing has established programs to provide decent and safe rental housing for eligible low-income families, the elderly and persons with disabilities. Public housing here comes in all sizes and types, from scattered single-family homes to upscale apartments for elderly families.
About 1.2 million families live in public housing units, which are managed by approximately 3,300 HA. The US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) provides federal aid to local housing agencies (HAs). Those tasked with managing rental public housing for low-income residents that they can afford easily. HUD provides technical and business support in the planning, development and management of these developments.
Am I eligible for Public Housing? – www.eastpointha.org application
If you answer yes to the questions given below, then you may be eligible for public accommodation.
- Is your income level within the “income guidelines”?
- Is your history free of drug use and or abuse and free of alcohol abuse?
- Have you been a former resident of EPHA or any other housing authority, and do not have arrears with that program?
www.eastpointha.org Application Requirements
Public housing is limited to low-income families and individuals.
An HA determines your eligibility based on:
1) Annual gross income;
2) do you qualify as an elderly, disabled person or family;
3) U.S. citizenship or eligible immigration status.
4) SSN number
How does the application process work?
The application must be written. Either you or the representative will fill it out. HA typically needs to collect the following information to determine eligibility:
(1) the names of all persons residing in the unit, their gender, date of birth and relation to the head of the household;
(2) Your current address and telephone number;
(3) your family characteristics (eg, veterans) or circumstances (eg, living in substandard housing) that may qualify a family for tenant selection preferences;
(4) the names and addresses of your current and past landlords for information about your family’s suitability as tenants;
(5) the estimated income of your family for the next twelve months and the sources of that income;
(6) the names and addresses of employers, banks, and any other information that HA will need to verify your income and deductions and verify family composition;
(7) The PHA may also come to your home to interview you and your family members about how you manage your current home maintenance.
After receiving this information, the HA representative should describe the public housing program and its requirements, and answer any questions you may have.
How to apply for Public Housing
Visit the Office of Management for Development (whose waiting list is closed) to request an application, or visit the East Point Housing Authority (EPHA) to request an application for public housing.
Step to apply for Housing from www Eastpointha org
Step 1: First of all, visit the official website www.eastpointha.org application. you can follow the direct link (https://apps.eastpointha.org/apply/ApplIntro.aspx) to East Point Housing Authority program.
Step 2: You will see the ‘Apply for housing now’ option, click on it and complete the next process.
Step 3: Now Click on the Start Application, and enter your Household name and SSN Number in the Required Fields.
Step 4: After that, Give all the Check answers to the question which is required in the form.
Step 5: Now, to properly classify your application for accommodation, please answer these questions.
Step 6: After that, you just need to provide the Family Composition and fill in all the Head of Household Details. and click on the Next button.
Step 7: Next, You need to provide some required details such as your house home income details, bank details, employers’ details and other required details.
Step 8: After that, Submit the Application.
Will I need more documentation?
Yes, the HA representative will request whatever documents are needed (eg, birth certificate, tax return) to verify the information on your application. PHA will also depend on direct verification from your employer. You will be asked to sign a form authorizing the PHA to release the relevant information.
How to www.eastpointha.org application status?
Application may be checked from the www.eastpointha.org account. you have to login to your account with login credentials and check your account status. Alternatively, you can contact customer care.